Thursday, May 21, 2009

Overcoming Insecurities

So this is totally random- I was thinking today, uh oh, that's right, I was thinking, but don't stop reading please... In recent months, okay how about pretty much my whole life when I had the ablilty to over think things, I began to over analyze situations or other peoples thoughts that I know completely nothing about. Just analyzing it all in my head and coming up with things like, "Oh I just know they don't like me because of this" or "I hope they don't think this about me" or "She thinks this about me I just know it!" So thoughts of this nature have more so recently been floating around in my head.

And randomly, one lady in whom I had actually been over analyzing that she surely did not like me even though I've not give her a reason to not, helped me have an epiphany. She said, "Aimee, unless the Holy Spirit reveals something to you about a person, don't dwell on certain thoughts or second guess yourself." As Tony Puckett would say, it was an "Aha" moment, as I would say, it was a "revelation" but it was definitely a God moment. I realized that when I over analyze things, I am not walking in the Spirit. In these insecure moments, I am walking in my flesh. Wow, how this has helped me. I am beginning to shake this insecurity off, and while I realize I may not ever be completely cured... I still want to kick insecurity in the butt for good. Yeah that's right, I said kick it in the butt. Because I'm tired of being like a little, although cute, puppy dog and thinking, "Oh do they really mean it?!" when someone makes comments like, "Aimee, you're so funny," or "I just love you Aimee," and then getting down on myself with all those analyzing thoughts and thinking, well surely they don't. Etc, etc.

So hey, who's with me to kick it in the butt and to just be you- happy, confident, in love with God, no worries because we trust in Him... women and men of God, let's be who we're called to be by gollie!

No comments:

Post a Comment