Wednesday, September 9, 2009

God's Realness in Our Reality

When I'm too serious
When I forget You have a sense of humor
When I forget You're in control
When I'm impatient
When I take You for granted
When I stay up too late spending time with You
When I well up with tears
You are in all this
You are helping me figure it out
You are taking Your rightful place in my life
You are my breath of fresh air
You are my freedom
You truly are my only hope
Thank You for being more real than my tears
Than my tangible computer screen
Than my frustrations
Than the things I don't understand
I am dust, but I go from glory to glory
I am weary, but You are my ever strength
I am selfish, but You teach me how to love
I am quiet, but You help my life to scream
I will love You here in my depression
I will love You here in my confusion
I will love You more
I will love You in brokenness
I will love You in sickness
Oh Glory come down
To our humanness
To our ugliness
Oh Glory come down
To us

1 comment:

  1. I love this. These two lines really stood out to me and ring true for me. Thanks for sharing.

    You are helping me figure it out
    You are taking Your rightful place in my life

    ReplyDelete